Davidson High School Library
Rhonda Hawkins Media Specialist
Phone: (251) 221-3084 ext.23004
Lindsay Miller Media Specialist
Phone: (251) 221-3084 ext.23042
Welcome to the W.P.Davidson library. The library's mission is to enable individuals and staff with the ability to find, read, evaluate, utilize, share and create content using various digital devices.
Click here to search the library's online catalog.
- The library is for every student and staff member in the school. It can be used for the digital café, the computers, pleasure reading, and to check out library books.
- Students must have their ID to check out library and or textbooks.
Rules and Procedures
- Teachers may schedule classes, or may send up to four students at a time with a library pass, as long as there is room. Passes are not accepted from a substitute.
- Students must sign in and out when coming to the library on a pass.
- A student may check out up to three books for a two-week period. Books may be renewed, as long as it does not have a hold.
- Students are responsible for all damaged/lost library/textbooks.
The Alabama Virtual Library provides all students, teachers, and citizens of the State of Alabama with online access to essential library and information resources. It is primarily a group of online databases that have magazine, journal, and newspaper articles for research. Through the AVL, an equitable core of information sources is available to every student and citizen in Alabama, raising the level of excellence in schools and communities across the state.
Discovery Education offers teachers and students "quality, dynamic, digital content. Access is available by using your MCPSS credentials.
LearnZillion combines the expertise of teachers with the power of technology to provide the curriculum and support needed to engage every student. Founded in 2011, LearnZillion initially grew out of the curriculum and practice developed during co-founder Eric Westendorf's tenure as the principal at E.L. Haynes Public Charter School in Washington, D.C. One in three U.S. teachers use LearnZillion's teacher-created, standards-aligned digital math and English language arts material. The resources offered by LearnZillion will evolve based on the needs of public schools.