THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!
Experience the Davidson Difference! Find out what makes the DHS IB program excellent!
MCPSS Academy Showcase - September 24, 2019, 4:30 - 6:30 pm
Davidson's 8th Grade Preview - October 20, 2019, 2:00 - 4:30 pm (Information Session 2:00 - 3:30 in Copeland Auditorium, Classroom visits 3:30 - 4:30)
Shadowing (see below)
Coffee with the Coordinators (IB and EPIC) - Oct 24, Nov 7, Nov 21, Dec 12, Jan 9, 9:30 - 10:15 am, in the DHS Library
MCPSS Signature Academy Applications will be available online open Septmcpss.com) by December 31, 2019. Final Pre-IB Writing Sample February 7, 5:30 pm DHS Main Lobby (upstairs).
Please complete the online application (click here) and come in person on Feb 7 to pay the $25 application fee and provide the writing sample.
What do you need to know about the writing sample?
- We will provide you with 2 prompts but you only have to respond to 1 of them
- You will have a maximum of 30 minutes and front and back of one page to respond
- You do not need any specific knowledge in order to respond to the prompts (they are personal questions)
- We will consider your score on the writing sample holistically along with your grades, standardized test scores, and resume (as provided online)
- Why should I shadow?
If you are trying to decide which school or which academic program is the best fit for you, then come visit and shadow a current freshman ambassador.
- When can I shadow?
Shadowing is by appointment only and ends Feb 28. You may shadow for a whole day or for half of a day.
- How do I set up my shadowing day?
Schedule a day to shadow by clicking here.
- What do I need to know for the day I shadow?
You should arrive at your scheduled time and check in at the front office. Wear your school's uniform, bring a lunch, and maybe some change for snacks or a drink. Please make arrangements to be picked up and checked out at the front office.
We look forward to working with you and your family
over the next 4 years!
Phone: (251) 221-3084